The latest Album from Sybarite5
Known as a "virtuosic ensemble with an original and risk-taking vision" - (Audiophile Audition Magazine), no group has been more influential in the development of the string quintet than Sybarite5. The ensemble has commissioned, premiered, and promoted over 50 new works since its inception in 2006, and has built a global audience with concert programs featuring new music by American composers. In 2017, Sybarite5 will release their second full-length album OUTLIERS, showcasing the exceptional results of a decade devoted to the creation and performance of new American concert music.
The album will feature the following works:
- Andy Akiho - Revolve (2012)
- Kenji Bunch - Allemande pour Tout le Monde (2015)
- Eric Byers - Pop Rocks (2013) & Sarabande (2014)
- Shawn Conley - Yann’s Flight (2013)
- Mohammed Fairouz- Muquddamah (2014)
- Jessica Meyer- Getting Home (... I must be) (2015)
- Daniel Bernard Roumain- Allemande for Toussaint (2015)
- Dan Visconti- Hitchhikers Tales (2006-2012)
- Michi Wiancko- Blue Bouree (2014)
- Lev “Ljova” Zhurbin- Gigue-ly (2015)
Each track has been carefully selected to demonstrate the decade of musical growth and relationships developed between Sybarite5 and these accomplished American composers. Sybarite5 has worked directly and personally with each composer to understand how to best communicate their musical intentions, and creating definitive recordings of these pieces helps disseminate the breadth of new music now available for this instrumentation.
The extensive commissioning projects headed by Sybarite5 now constitute a substantial portion of the repertoire currently available for string quintet. The ensemble has worked tirelessly to build relationships and secure the funds necessary to collaborate with today's finest composers. With awards and support from Concert Artists Guild, BMI, Chamber Music America, Forward Festival, the cell, Look & Listen Festival, and the American Composer’s Forum, the resulting works are significant contributions to the contemporary chamber music repertoire.